Mother’s Day – it’s just a week away – and it’s that once a year in your face reminder that you’d better appreciate MOM. Is it only me or do you also feel like that implies you’re not appreciating her all year long. Ok so let’s get over it and move right along to the “What should I do” part. You could surprise her with a gourmet dinner you prepared yourself?
Perhaps not with a little help from our chefs at MGK. And it just so happens you’re in luck. Our newest dinner kit entree, Lemon Thyme Chicken, is just in time for Mother’s Day. Chicken thighs in a lemon, thyme and rosemary marinade, seared then baked in the oven together with baby spinach in a lemon butter cream sauce and served with roasted zucchini and squash. C’est Magnifique. She’s going to love it!
And you’re going to love how easy it all is to pull off in 6 EASY STEPS:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat a sauce pan with 2 tablespoons of oil on high heat.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and discard marinade. Sear chicken 2 minutes per side, in batches if necessary, then place in the provided pan.
- In the same sauce pan, saute the spinach for 1 minute, add sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the spinach & sauce into the pan together with the chicken making sure the spinach is around the chicken and not over or under. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the temperature of chicken reaches 165 F.
- Throw the pre-made dressing on the zucchini and squash and put it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Get it out of the oven, plate it and just like that your Mother’s Day Gourmet Lemon Thyme Chicken Dinner is guaranteed to impress. Pair it with a nice bottle of French Bordeaux red wine and dessert and you’re all set.
Get the Lemon Thyme Chicken Dinner Kit by clicking here OR spend $100 or more on an MGK gift certificate and get 2 servings of Lemon Thyme Chicken for FREE with coupon code LOVEMOM.